About 10 days ago, my Husky fell off the bed. In the middle of the night. And my life has not been right since.
Dakota apparently had a seizure, possibly triggered by the kidney issues or dehydration. From there, bloodwork showed that the levels we'd been monitoring had skyrocketed. I agreed that her best shot was to go on 24 hour IV fluid therapy. She left me Thursday morning, stayed at the vets for the therapy. Then off to the 24 hour emergency vets to be monitored..... until the next morning.... then back to the vets...... then back to the 24 hour place until Monday morning.
It was working. It was stinkin' working. Then last Sunday, it didn't work. When I picked her up Monday morning, she was swollen with fluid.......... the kidneys couldn't handle it.
I elected to let nature take it's course. No more hospitalizations, no needles. She's home. I'm hurting.
It's almost time. She isn't eating, barely drinking, and started to vomit today. This all sucks, because this same dog greeted me at the door when I came home from the grocery store. It's like her mind is there...... but her body isn't.
I wish there was a concrete decision for her future journey. I really do. I know that no matter which one I make, I'll feel guilty and hateful toward myself.
My baby is dying, and I can't do a darn thing about it.